A position exists for an experienced electrical & electronics service technician to join our Entertainment Lighting Company.
For over 60 years Kenderdine Entertainment Lighting has been a major NZ sales and rental company supplying the lighting requirements of the theatre, film, television and architectural markets.
We have provide Sales and Hire to our customers. The workshop supports both these departments and works on external clients’ equipment.
As part of a small team the work involves:
* The repair and service of entertainment industry lighting equipment including discharge and LED fittings.
* The repair and service of electronic control equipment as used in the entertainment industry.
* The repair and service of portable electrical power distribution equipment as used in the entertainment industry.
* The repair and service of mechanical systems such as lighting stands.
* Manufacture of custom electrical power distribution equipment.
* The commissioning of new equipment for our hire and sales department.
The work is predominately carried out at our Avondale premises between the hours of 8-30am to 5-00pm, Monday to Friday, but occasional onsite, out of town or out of hours / weekend work may be involved.
The position is a hands on (90 %) position with supervisory and administration duties (~10%). A willingness to share knowledge with junior staff and supervise the training hours for their qualifications is required.
* Must hold a New Zealand electrical practicing licence, which as a minimum, permits repair work to be performed on single and three phase appliances. (Minimum registration = Electrical Service Technician)
* Proven experience and knowledge in diagnosing and repair of mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment, down to a component level.
* Thorough understanding of the requirements of electrical safety and electrical testing procedures.
* Good logical and investigative attributes to problem solving.
* Efficient time management skills.
* Excellent written and oral English language skills.
* Reliability, Punctuality and Quality Workmanship are a must.
* Ability to work under tight deadlines and deal with changing priorities on short notice.
* Computer literacy.
* Ability to liaise with other staff, departments and customers in a patient, efficient, appropriate, and courteous manner.
* Must have a clean and tidy standard of dress and be able to perform the lifting component of the job.
Preferred, but not essential:
* Full NZ driver’s licence (manual)
* Entertainment industry experience and knowledge in use and operation of entertainment lighting and control systems
* Service experience in repair of entertainment lighting fixtures and control systems
Company Kenderdine Entertainment Lighting
Location Avondale, Auckland
Benefits: Free Parking, Health and Life Insurance
Type Full time, Permanent
Email CV & Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org