- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
- Team Leaders/Supervisors
- Full time
About the business:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a collaborative team in NZ with global reach.
We made our name making great products for live touring events that our customers love. Get to know us more: www.fiasco.co.nz
When Covid-19 slowed down the events industry we diversified into work from home desks and are continuing to push into new product lines with intentional and innovative design: www.workfromhomedesks.co.nz
We have our own manufacturing spaces in Cambridge, New Zealand and Los Angeles, California. Products that we develop in Cambridge are often made the next day in LA.
About the role:
We are seeking a methodical and detail oriented manager to join our Cambridge team. The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure our manufacturing operations in Cambridge are running like clockwork and exceeding production targets.
Ideal candidates will have an active interest in manufacturing technology and a passion for people that can create a positive team culture.
Day to day this involves leading a manufacturing team on the shop floor by looking ahead to efficiently navigate the variables of continual production. Additionally this role is the glue to Fiasco NZ operations, working to unify everyone at the Fiasco site as well as attending to operational aspects such as buildings, vehicles and facilities.
Our manufacturing methodology is centred around CNC routers and premium quality Baltic birch plywood utilising a one piece flow production line for furniture products and batch production for road cases.
Potential candidates could have:
- Experience in cabinetry and kitchen making workshops
- Manufacturing team leaders looking to step up into a broader leadership role.
We aim to foster a collaborative on-site team environment where people love coming to work.
- Recruit, hire and manage the employment of manufacturing roles in collaboration with the Production Manager.
- Support continual product improvement by working with design staff to optimise product detail for production efficiency.
- Maintain H&S guidelines for manufacturing operations specifically covering high risk machinery
Benefits and perks:
- High level equipment – Apple Computer / iPhone / EarPods
- WFH Desk for your home upon joining.
- Work as part of a small, agile and creative team.
- Freedom to seek improvement and implement your ideas.
- Great team and working location.
Key Competencies :
- Has a proven history of building and maintaining great teams and team culture
- An understanding of CNC based manufacturing techniques.
- Extensive people leadership experience
- An attitude open to gaining understanding, i.e the ability to understand and then solve any challenge.
- Seeks to develop a professional, proactive problem solving skill set that adds value to the Fiasco team.
- Delivers work consistently in a timely manner and to the appropriate standard.
- Demonstrates great interpersonal skills (communication, listening and reliability)
- Proactively seeks improvement opportunities.
- Operates with high level of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Experience in leading a effective team in a manufacturing environment
Don’t be afraid to break from the standard application format & sell yourself to us. Be sure to check out our websites- fiasco.co.nz , workfromhomedesks.co.nz to understand who we are and what we are about then tailor your application accordingly.
Address your application and cover letter to Robert Willis. email@example.com
Applicants for this position must have the right to work in New Zealand
How many years’ experience do you have as a Workshop Manager?
Do you have a current New Zealand driver’s licence?
How many years’ experience do you have as a Fork Hoist Driver?
How many years’ experience do you have as a Team Coordinator?