Location: Hamilton City
Employment Type: Permanent
Applications Close: 26/07/2022
Do you have a background in installation, maintenance and configuration of Integrated AV, network and digital signage systems? Are you passionate about the event industry and providing exceptional client care? Then this could be the job for you!
We’ve created a new role to support our Venue Technology Manager with implementation, installation and maintenance of venue technology systems as well as providing support during events at our highly reputable H3 venues.
As the Venue Support Technician, you will work closely with other team members to contribute to ongoing maintenance, improvements, and day to day support of our venues, minimising disruptions and providing effective services for clients and event hosts.
To be successful in this role you’ll have a broad knowledge of integrated AV, network and building management systems, preferably in an event venue, broadcast or commercial install environment. Experience with live performance, business events or sports venue entertainment is preferred. You are a team player with a positive, proactive attitude and willingness to share ideas and knowledge across the team.
H3 is at the heart of Hamilton’s events. H3 is a department of Hamilton City Council and manages a range of premium venues, including Claudelands Conference & Exhibition Centre, GLOBOX Arena, FMG Stadium Waikato, Seddon Park and The Grandstand. From live concerts and sports to lifestyle exhibitions, conferences, and private functions, our high-performing H3 team secure and manage it all. This is your chance to be a part of a team that is committed to building a more vibrant, attractive, and prosperous city!
H3 also offers a number of other benefits including:
- As part of the wider Hamilton City Council team, you’ll be improving the wellbeing of Hamiltonians alongside more than 1200 roles in more than 30 business units across 20 sites, so our organisation offers plenty of diversity and excitement.
- A wide variety of discounted products and services are available to Council employees
- It’s not all work and no play! At H3 we place a strong emphasis on work/life balance, having fun and being flexible
- A great environment with supportive and inclusive team culture
- We’re all about constantly investigating new and better ways of doing things – we thrive on continuous improvement
- A high-performance framework – we’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself and strongly focus on developing and supporting our staff
- At H3 we live and breathe our guiding principles – Tight Team, Dedicated Hosts and Best in Business
- You’ll get a day off work each year to help a recognised community organisation, plus one day a year that doesn’t come off your annual leave balance to spend with family.
- Free on-site staff parking at our H3 locations in Hamilton
Remuneration for this position starts from $57K and this role is a permanent, full-time position.
We are shortlisting and interviewing for this role as applications are received. If this role sounds like it’s for you, we would love to hear from you. Make it happen and apply online today!
Learn more about the role and apply by clicking here to view a copy of the position description!
All candidates will be notified of the outcome on their application via email. Short-listed candidates may be required to complete an interview process, reference checks, pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol assessments, credit check and a Ministry of Justice or Police vetting check.
We will only collect personal information from you, or any relevant agencies with your consent, in accordance with our obligations in the Privacy Act 2020, which are to only undertake pre-employment screening checks relevant to the specific duties and functions of the role being advertised. The types of checks we conduct will vary depending on the role. You can find more information by clicking here about our recruitment process including the specific checks we undertake for each role.
Hamilton City Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Please note this role is being sourced directly and we are not accepting applications via external recruitment agencies. Due to border restrictions, only people who are already eligible to live and work in New Zealand should apply. Evidence will be required.