TECHNICAL MANAGER – ASB Theatre Marlborough
- Take the lead in a world class venue
- Develop and grow your team.
- So much diversity – this is not your average venue tech job!
The Marlborough Civic Theatre Trust owns and manages the ASB Theatre Marlborough, Marlborough Light & Sound and the events held at the Marlborough Event Centre. It’s a charitable trust that generates commercial activity through its various business units so it can support and help develop the youth and community performing arts in the region. The Trust’s business lines are:
- Theatre events (community and commercial)
- Business events and other functions
- Off-site events, and
The Technical Manager is a newly defined position for an experienced person to take responsibility for the safe and effective management of the venue and its technical equipment, and oversee the planning, design, and delivery of technical elements of events. As part of the Senior Management Team, this person will ensure a fun and cohesive culture within the Trust while delivering excellent service to clients.
This ‘hands on’ position is full-time, salaried. The nature of the business will require some work in evenings and weekends, as well as some public holidays. Periods of longer hours can be expected though every effort is made to ensure schedules keep to 40-45 hours per week with reasonable breaks in between. The Theatre is currently in a strong financial position with significant bookings for the remainder of 2022.
The successful candidate:
Experience in a similar role will ensure you can ‘hit the ground running.’ The salary will correlate with the experience and the breadth of knowledge and skills required.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience managing a technical department including the technical aspect of an event production
- Proven experience in managing a team with leadership responsibilities
- Operational understanding of rigging, lighting, sound, video, staging and production
- Ability to build relationships with third parties, clients, and external suppliers
- Full drivers licence
- Accredited working at heights qualification (or ability to obtain)
- Proficient in Microsoft products and specialist technical software
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service
- Rigging and manual fly system experience
Desirable skills and experience:
- Class 2 licence
- EWP licence and working at height certificate
- First Aid certificate
Contact Joseph Casalme on email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to apply?
Send your CV to Joseph Casalme on email email@example.com