About the role
As Setup & Delivery Manager with WellingtonNZ, you will be responsible for planning the execution of all venue event setups, resets and pack downs. Reporting to the Venues Operations Manager, you will work across our iconic Wellington venues and will see you:
- Leading a capable crew of permanent and casual staff. You’ll be organising rosters for your team and allocating equipment, ensuring events are well resourced.
- Managing relationships with supply partners and contractors, internal staff, and customers.
- Making sure regular audits happen, that equipment is well maintained and fit-for-purpose
- Ensuring our venues are well cared for, and events are safely and successfully delivered.
- Work closely with the Venues lead team to identify new strategies and efficiencies in our venue operations.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has relevant experience for the role; this may come from a similar Setup & Delivery role, or from production, events or logistics management.
- Knows how to lead a talented crew, often across multiple sites. You ensure your people feel empowered, supported, and with a clear understanding of their rostered shifts.
- Can bring together multiple parties to deliver an excellent outcome
- Brings a high level of organisation and planning, ensuring equipment is in the right place at the right time, with the right crew ready to setup.
- Comfortably communicates with a wide range of people; you know how to adjust your communication style and delivery to suit your audience
- Can be flexible and adaptable with working hours. Given the nature of the work, this role involves early starts, evening and/or weekend work while events are running.
WellingtonNZ is the agency tasked with making the Wellington region wildly famous. Our organisation is shamelessly passionate about this wild and wonderful region we call home and want to make it famous as the most creative place in New Zealand to live, work, visit and play.
Venues Wellington is a business unit of WellingtonNZ and responsible for securing, managing and delivering extraordinary events in the Michael Fowler Centre, The Opera House, St James Theatre, TSB Arena, Shed 6 and Academy Galleries.
Why people love it here
As an equal opportunity employer, WellingtonNZ truly values its people and is committed to building an inclusive and collaborative culture where everyone can thrive. We also have flexible working options, a well-being programme, relaxed working environments that recognise and celebrate success, and encouragement to be yourself.
Check out some of the varied things we do in the video below.
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of a diverse organisation all about making the Wellington region wildly famous, apply now! We have partnered with Kin to find the right person for this important role; if that’s you, please apply now with your CV and a covering letter telling us why you’d be a great addition to the team. If you’d like to connect for a call before applying, please contact Erina Jamieson on 027 471 0828.
Click here to view the full job description.
Applications close on Thursday 14 April 2022 but don’t wait to apply as we will be reviewing applications as they come through.