Te Papa is looking for a Functions and Events Audio-Visual Coordinator to join our truly iconic New Zealand institution. Te Papa’s mission is to understand the past, enrich the present, and meet the challenges of the future. Te Papa is more than just the national museum that houses New Zealand’s treasures. It is a meeting place, a place for lifelong learning, and a place that inspires a sense of wonder and connection.
The Functions and Events Audio-Visual Coordinator will be in the Technology team and report to the Manager Audio-Visual Services. This position is responsible for co-ordinating the technical requirements for functions and events held at Te Papa and at the Tākina event centre and also improving the delivery of services to our clients.
You will provide an end to end technical service for Te Papa function and events. You are expected to have experience in customer focussed delivery of technical services in the event industry. We are seeking a candidate with:-
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the AV events industry.
- Experience in attending client meetings and event production meetings and providing technical consultation.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Experience in co-ordinating the hiring of technical services from external hire companies.
- Highly effective planning and organisational skills, including time management and prioritising workload in a complex work environment.
The salary range for this position is $55,342pa to $76,095pa. Offers will be made within the range to reflect the skills and experience offered by the candidate and those required of the role, and internal relativities with other employees.
Applications close on 25 April 2022.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Appointment to a position at Te Papa will require the production of evidence, on commencement of work, of a “MY Vaccine Pass’ issued by the Ministry of Health.
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.
Full Details and Application can be found here.