Change to Workplace Support 0800 443 445 Support Line – Access Hours 8:30am-5pm Weekdays
ETNZ members all have access to free wellbeing support services from Workplace Support. This includes Coal members. For full information on support available see our website.
From 1st April 2022, the Workplace Support number, 0800 443 445, will cease being accessible 24hours. It will reduce to an 8:30am-5pm weekday service for booking in appointments for individual sessions.
It will also continue to be available during business hours for additional managerial support and enquiry. This change has been made to reflect the small volume of calls being made to the phoneline after hours and the nature of the calls.
For all other Workplace Support enquiries, guidance, bookings, and Critical Incident Response (typical timeframe for attendance is 12-24 hour after the event), the Workplace Support team will respond the following business day.
For inquiries out of hours, there are alternative options available:
- for instances of significant distress go directly to emergency services, such as 111, to ensure critical emergency support is given.
- for support with anxiety, distress, or mental wellbeing, call or text 1737 to talk with a trained counsellor for free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- for the Suicide Prevention Helpline, call 0508 828 865
- Lifeline 0800 543 354 or 09 522 2999 or free text 4357
- Youthline 0800 376 633 or free text 234
- Samaritans 0800 726 666
Check the Support & Mental Wellbeing portion of our ETNZ COVID page for other support options.