- Full-time role
- Based in Christchurch, New Zealand
- Work with state-of-the-art technology
Te Pae Christchurch Convention Centre is a world-class event venue centrally located in the heart of Christchurch, the gateway to the magnificent South Island of New Zealand.
The Centre is proudly managed by ASM Global, Asia Pacific’s leading venue management company and one of the world’s premier convention and exhibition management specialists.
We are looking for passionate audio-visual technicians, specialising in audio, ready to deliver outstanding experiences to Te Pae Christchurch clients and guests.
You will be working across a range of spaces equipped with state-of-the-art technology including 24 meeting rooms, a 1400-seat auditorium, ballroom, and up to 3300 m2 of dedicated exhibition space. No two days will be the same.
- Accurate interpretation of sound plans and plots
- Correct implementation of audio systems for events
- Cabling and patching performed per standard
- Speaker installation and operations per standard
- Operation of sound consoles and playback equipment
- Implementation and operation of live and pre-recorded equipment
- Meet New Zealand health and safety legislative requirements and demonstrate industry best practice
- Participate in the safe delivery of event set-up, delivery, and pack down
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of two years of experience in a similar position
- Have strong technical skills to manage and operate high-end audio equipment
- Be able to manage a team
- Have a good overall knowledge of technical event systems
- Be well organised with excellent attention to detail
- Have the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and event requirements
- Possess an NZQA EWP licence
In return, we offer work in a positive and encouraging environment with opportunities for growth and development. Our team is committed to making a difference to the city of Christchurch and to uphold our values of manaakitanga.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand
The successful applicant will be required to provide a criminal history check.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of this exciting opportunity at a world-class convention centre in the heart of Christchurch, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close on Wednesday 31 August at 5:00 pm.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.